Friday, June 12, 2009

Suggestions, encouragement, and thanks

So I want to say thank you to all of my friends who have commented or sent me messages when I was so discouraged. I am doing a little better emotionally, God is good. I still haven't got back to the pool or gym but I am keeping to my diet and am doing pretty good keeping track of calories and fat intake. It's small but it's something.

And to answer to your comment Theresa, I figured it would be too long of a comment so I'm blogging it and hopefully it will help more people if I blog it. I know you have a busy work schedule and work around food all day but that's were it should start. Just the smallest changes will help, if you feel like your being too restricted your probably going to cheat. Have a little bit of something that your craving but don't give in to the "I don't feel like it today so I'm going to eat whatever I want, or whatever is in front of me." It's a matter of will power and discipline not time. The only thing that has helped me is God. Plain and simple, if I don't ask him for help and don't lean on his strength, I will not stick to it.

That's where I was having problems, I was not reading my Bible and I was not asking God for help and I did not have the strength on my own to do it. But when I have discipline to get up and read the word and ask God for strength and commit it to him that is the only way I have the ability to dive in. I cannot do it without Him. Because I am slowly finding my way back after all the drama and trying to seek God more I have to lean on him and figure out a new routine. Honestly, I don't even have the money right now for gas to drive to the gym so I am going to start slow again. I walked last night to the park and back and right now that's a good start.

I'm ok with that right now, I think for right now God wants me to focus on my family and what I do have and being thankful for that and learning how to let God in on all the areas of my life, not just weight loss. But I need a balanced life, I need to learn to give over my stress of cleaning the house when I feel like it's too overwhelming to do, I need to learn to lean on God when I feel like I don't have the energy or strength to encourage my husband when business is slow or he feels like he's not doing his job as provider, my job as a wife is to encourage him and prayer for him but without strength from God I have a really hard time with that. I have a problem with diving into one thing and letting other things, very important things fall by the wayside.

Losing weight is extremely important to me, but I need to make sure my relationship with Christ and my family come first. I am so blessed to have friends who support me and want to do this with me. Thank you.

3 comments:

  1. Actually, I was more asking sugguestions about how to fit you and I having more time to get together and support each other. Weather that meant working out together or what, I'm sad that my work schedule hinders me from working out with you. Sorry, I must have worded it weird. I actualyl don't complain about not having time to work out, I have plenty of time, my schedule just doesn't make it easy to have a workout buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh gotcha, well we could walk together:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for being honest kathy :) just know you are not alone. it is very hard to balance quiet times, husband, kids, cleaning, cooking, doing bills, eating healthy, working out, and sanity! i'm still trying to figure it out myself! but i think when we all realize we all struggle with it, nobody is perfect, we're in this together, and that God is here to help us even in keeping our dishes done, we're one step closer to being who we want to be :)

    ReplyDelete

Encouragements